An impact drill is a power tool, an electric drill. It has an impact function, separating it from traditional electric drills. Impact drill produces high-frequency impacts at high rpm, helping users drill more easily through hard materials such as concrete, stone, or tile.
Impact drills typically use either three-jaw or six-jaw bits and are available in different types and sizes for a variety of different jobs, such as home repair, construction, and machining.
The impact drill is a relatively new power tool that dates back to the early 20th century. The following is the main development process of impact drills:
At the beginning of the 20th century, a German machinery manufacturing company invented a mechanical impact drill, using a hand rocker to achieve the impact force.
In the 1930s, an American company invented a pneumatic impact drill that generates impact force by compressing air. With higher efficiency and power, it is gradually widely used in industrial and construction fields.
In the 1960s, electric impact drills began to appear and were widely used. The earliest electric impact drills, invented by a company in Germany, used an internal cam to generate impact force.
With the continuous development of technology, the power and efficiency of electric impact drills are gradually increasing. Modern impact drills are generally more powerful and have more reliable designs that can easily drill through hard materials such as concrete, stone, tile, etc.
In general, the history of the invention of impact drills is a process of continuous improvement and innovation. Nowadays, it has become one of the indispensable power tools in modern construction and manufacturing.
Guidance on the Safe Use of Impact Drills
Impact drills require compliance with certain safety measures to ensure personal safety and work efficiency. Here are some safety measures for using an impact drill:
- Wear safety gear. Before using an impact drill, you need to wear safety gear, including goggles, gloves, protective clothing, etc., to avoid eye injuries or fingers being scratched by the drill bit.
- Use the correct drill. Choose the appropriate drill bit depending on the material type and hole size. Do not use the drill bit on an unsuitable, inefficient and dangerous material.
- Use the correct rpm and impact pattern. According to the type of material and the diameter of the drill bit, select the appropriate speed and impact mode to ensure the drilling effect and work efficiency.
- Make sure the work area is clean and well-lit. Before using an impact drill, the work area needs to be cleared to avoid debris and dust that could result in a safety threat.
- Stabilize the drilling position. It is necessary to stabilize the bits during drilling work. Besides, maintain vertical and stable to avoid bit deviation or material fracture.
- Never use excessive force. When drilling, do not use excessive force, which may cause dangerous situations such as bit breakage or tool kickback.
- Pay attention to working hours. When using an impact drill, avoid excessive fatigue and pay attention to rest to ensure work efficiency and safety.
In short, you need to pay attention to safety when using an impact drill and follow the operation steps to avoid injury and loss. If you are using an impact drill for the first time or you need to do complicated work with an impact drill, it is recommended to consult a professional or experienced worker first.
Choosing the Right Accessories for Your Impact Drills
To get the most out of your impact drills, you need to choose the right accessories for your task, Including drilling and drive screws. Here are a few steps to choose the right accessories for your impact drills:
Firstly, get to know about your impact drill’s model and specifications. Every impact drill has different specifications, so you need to know the model and specifications of your impact drill to ensure that the accessories selected will be compatible with your impact drill.
Then you should determine the type of accessories that you need. Impact drills can be used for both drilling and driving screws, so you will need to choose a different accessory type depending on the needs of your task. For example, if you need to drill a hole, you need to choose a drill bit, and if you need to drive a screw, you need to choose a screwdriver bit.
Next, choose the appropriate accessory materials. Depending on your task requirements, you will need to choose different accessory materials. For example, if you need to drill a hole in a hard material such as concrete, you will have to choose a tungsten drill bit rather than a regular steel drill bit.
Finally, choose the correct size. According to the needs of your task, you will need to choose the correct accessory size. For example, if you need to drill a 10mm hole, then you need to choose a 10mm drill bit.
Besides, the recommendations from the manufacturer should also be taken into consideration. Each manufacturer will provide accessories that are suitable for their impact drills, so you should check the recommendations provided by the manufacturer to determine the best accessories for your impact drill.
All in all, choosing the right accessories is the key to ensuring you get the most out of your impact drills. By knowing your impact drill model and specifications, determining the type of accessory that you need, selecting the appropriate accessory material and size, and referring to the manufacturer’s recommendations, you can choose the right accessory for your impact drill.